- Low Rds(on) outputs
- Automatic current decay mode detection/selection
- Mixed and slow current decay modes
- Synchronous rectification for low power dissipation
- Internal UVLO
- Crossover-current protection
- 3.3 and 5 V compatible logic supply
- Thermal shutdown circuitry
- Short-to-ground protection
- Shorted load protection
- Five selectable step modes: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16
The A4988 is a complete microstepping motor driver with built-in translator for easy operation. It is designed to operate
bipolar stepper motors in full-, half-, quarter-, eighth-, and sixteenth-step modes, with an output drive capacity of up to
35 V and ±2 A. The A4988 includes a fixed off-time current regulator which has the ability to operate in slow or mixed
The translator is the key to the easy implementation of the A4988. Simply inputting one pulse on the STEP input drives
the motor one microstep. There are no phase sequence tables, high-frequency control lines, or complex interfaces to program.
The A4988 interface is an ideal fit for applications where a complex microprocessor is unavailable or is overburdened.
During stepping operation, the chopping control in the A4988 automatically selects the current decay mode: slow or mixed. In
mixed decay mode, the device is set initially to a fast decay for a proportion of the fixed off-time, then to a slow decay for the
remainder of the off-time. Mixed decay current control results in reduced audible motor noise, increased step accuracy, and
reduced power dissipation.
Envíos disponibles solo a España peninsular y Baleares.